Getting to Green Valley
90 miles from San Francisco and Oakland, Green Valley is conveniently located 20 minutes outside of Sebastopol, CA. Our location serves as the perfect jumping off place to explore Western Sonoma County - Sebastopol, Guerneville, Healdsburg, Bodega, Jenner, and more. Information on visiting Green Valley and driving directions are below. (Note that GPS may not always take you the best route!)
Visiting Green Valley
Visiting Green Valley is by invitation only. Please, no drop in visitors. If you are interested in coming for a visit, please email us at hello at gvfam.com.
- Cell phone reception is limited once you get closer to us. You may want to download these instructions. Verizon kind of works, AT&T definitely doesn't work.
- GPS is not always accurate. Please read the driving directions below.
- Green Valley Road oftentimes floods in the winter. See the alternative driving instructions below.
13024 Green Valley Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472 is our address.
Once you get confirmation of your visit, you'll get a passcode to the front gate. Please review these instructions as GPS or phones do not always take you the right way.
- Head West on 116 out of Sebastopol towards Forestville. Take a LEFT onto Green Valley Road.
- Follow this road 3.4 miles until you reach a fork.
- Take a RIGHT to stay on Green Valley Road. (You will see a sign that says Mt. Gilead.)
- Our entrance is on the RIGHT, .6 miles after making the turn.
DURING RAIN, Green Valley Road often floods AND IS IMPASSABLE.
During times of intense rain, Green Valley Road is oftentimes flooded for up to two days after the rain has stopped. If you do take Green Valley Road and it turns out it is flooded, you can cut up to Graton Road via Sullivan Road, which is the road on the left before the flood spot, and follow the directions below.
Alternatively, you may have to go one of three routes:
- Take Occidental Rd from 116 if Graton Rd is flooded. RIGHT on Green Hill Rd, LEFT on Graton Rd, RIGHT on Tanuda Rd (at the top of Graton Rd where the lavender farm is) and then RIGHT on Harrison Grade Rd at the stop sign. When you get to the next stop sign, you'll take a RIGHT to go down Harrison Grade Rd. At the bottom of Harrison Grade Rd, you'll take your first LEFT after you get to the bottom of the windy part to go up Green Valley Rd. You'll see a sign for "Mt. Gilead." This route is the least likely to flood.
- Through Forestville on Hwy 116 and then take a LEFT to get onto Green Valley Rd. You'll come up on our entrance on the left. Note that this route on 116 may flood during severe weather conditions.
- Take Graton Rd, RIGHT on Tanuda Rd (at the top of Graton Rd where the lavender farm is) and then RIGHT on Harrison Grade Rd. When you get to the stop sign, you'll take a RIGHT to go down Harrison Grade Rd. At the bottom of Harrison Grade Rd, you'll take your first LEFT after you get to the bottom of the windy part to get onto Green Valley Rd. You'll see a sign for Mt. Gilead. If Graton Rd is flooded, take Occidental Rd.